Apart from test preparation, Accelerate also offers Academic Counseling for students who seek additional development and direction outside of school. This service is ideal for students who are looking for more personalized, hands-on guidance with their academics, personal and social development, and career prospects.
Students will be matched with an advisor who will serve as a secondary guidance counselor, strategize an academic and personal roadmap, and provide insight into maximizing current performance, building upon strengths, reinforcing weaknesses, and preparing for the future. Areas covered include:
- Advisors evaluate a student’s current courseload.
- Advisors assist with future course selections, including what classes to take and which to avoid, to optimize academic rigor without jeopardizing grades.
- Advisors help students choose what school clubs, teams, and programs to participate in that promote growth and foster their academic interests.
- Advisors provide guidance on how to potentially seek leadership positions.
- Advisors can assist with planning summer activities, including internships, test preparation, volunteering opportunities, etc.
- Advisors craft and polish student résumés, as well as help students compose cover letters for employment opportunities.
- Advisors prepare students for interviews through boosting interviewing skills and mock sessions.
Academic Counseling is offered on a per-month, half-year, or full-year basis to students from grades 7 to 11. While each counseling package has a set number of formal Zoom meetings each month, advisors are available to both students and parents via email for any questions or via text/phone for pressing matters. Parents are encouraged to accompany students and bring up all concerns, academic and personal, during meetings.
Please contact administration for up-to-date fees.